Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default If Statements

I have a spreadsheet that has NP and PA wages on it, and also the L&D and DB
cost. What I am trying to do is an allocation based on this information. I
currently have an if statement that works, except I need to take it one step
further and say if the wages in NP or PA or zero, than do NOT allocate
anything. How can I go about doing this?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I haven't a clue what your initials stand for, and it would have
helped if you had posted your existing formula, but see if you can
make sense of this:

=IF(OR(np=0,pa=0),0,your_existing_formula)

where np is the cell containing your NP data, and pa is the cell
containing your PA data.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 11, 10:25 pm, Sr Accountant
wrote:
I have a spreadsheet that has NP and PA wages on it, and also the L&D and DB
cost. What I am trying to do is an allocation based on this information. I
currently have an if statement that works, except I need to take it one step
further and say if the wages in NP or PA or zero, than do NOT allocate
anything. How can I go about doing this?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Pete,
Sorry for the confusion. NP = Nurse Practioner and PA = Psychian's
Assistant. Here is my current formula, and I think by adding yours all
should work just fine.
=IF((75-H12)C29,C29,75-H12)

Thank you for your time....it's much appreciated!

wrote:
I have a spreadsheet that has NP and PA wages on it, and also the L&D and DB
cost. What I am trying to do is an allocation based on this information. I
currently have an if statement that works, except I need to take it one step
further and say if the wages in NP or PA or zero, than do NOT allocate
anything. How can I go about doing this?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Well, thanks for feeding back - you're welcome.

Pete

wrote:
I have a spreadsheet that has NP and PA wages on it, and also the L&D and DB
cost. What I am trying to do is an allocation based on this information. I
currently have an if statement that works, except I need to take it one step
further and say if the wages in NP or PA or zero, than do NOT allocate
anything. How can I go about doing this?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.- Hide quoted text -