Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Select only the result of an equation

How do I select (or copy) only the result of an equation - not the equation
itself?

Example:

=2+4
This cell will show 6 not the equation. I want to copy the "6" not the
"=2+4".

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Copy as usual, go to the destination cell, which may be the same one too,
right click, select Paste Special, tick the Values option, and OK out
--
Hth

Kassie Kasselman
Change xxx to hotmail

"Nate MMI" wrote:

How do I select (or copy) only the result of an equation - not the equation
itself?

Example:

=2+4
This cell will show 6 not the equation. I want to copy the "6" not the
"=2+4".

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I beleive you want to copy the cell (CTRL + C) and then Paste Special and
select Values the OK.

Hope thats what your after.

Paul