Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Using ALT-TAB to Switch Between Spreadsheets

If I have a couple of different workbooks open at the same time I can usually
use ALT-TAB to move from one to the other. Occasionally, however, this
doesn't work and I have to use "Window" on the toolbar (which I find much
slower if switching back and forth a lot). What controls this and how do I
make sure that I can use ALT-TAB?

Thanks,
Will
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could use "Alt+W+1" or "Alt+W+2", etc. Alternatively, I sometimes have
to press "Alt+Tab" twice to get to the correct workbook.

Hope this helps,
Chad

"roadkill" wrote:

If I have a couple of different workbooks open at the same time I can usually
use ALT-TAB to move from one to the other. Occasionally, however, this
doesn't work and I have to use "Window" on the toolbar (which I find much
slower if switching back and forth a lot). What controls this and how do I
make sure that I can use ALT-TAB?

Thanks,
Will

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks - I'll try the Alt+w+1 etc. As for using Alt+Tab twice - that doesn't
work. The window that allows you to select among all of your open
applications only has one selection for an Excel file (not 2).
Will

"roadkill" wrote:

If I have a couple of different workbooks open at the same time I can usually
use ALT-TAB to move from one to the other. Occasionally, however, this
doesn't work and I have to use "Window" on the toolbar (which I find much
slower if switching back and forth a lot). What controls this and how do I
make sure that I can use ALT-TAB?

Thanks,
Will

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

My guess would be that when the two files are open in two different
instances of Excel then ALT+TAB will do what you want. When they are open
in the same instance, ALT+TAB does not.