Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Vista, Onecare. It takes 5 minutes to open a file. Too long.

How can I speed up opening Excel files. I never have this problem on my XP
computer. I'm not sure if it is beause of Vista or Onecare. But I do see
running virrus scan in the lower left hand part of the screen.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Disable the virus scan.

hoop4100 wrote:

How can I speed up opening Excel files. I never have this problem on my XP
computer. I'm not sure if it is beause of Vista or Onecare. But I do see
running virrus scan in the lower left hand part of the screen.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I tried dissabeling the onecare virus scan. That doesen't work. I added the
files I use to an exemption list. And I lowered the security level inside
Excel to low. Nothing works.

"Bob I" wrote:

Disable the virus scan.

hoop4100 wrote:

How can I speed up opening Excel files. I never have this problem on my XP
computer. I'm not sure if it is beause of Vista or Onecare. But I do see
running virrus scan in the lower left hand part of the screen.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

5 minutes is a long time. is the "virus scan" still being performed
during file open?

hoop4100 wrote:

I tried dissabeling the onecare virus scan. That doesen't work. I added the
files I use to an exemption list. And I lowered the security level inside
Excel to low. Nothing works.

"Bob I" wrote:

Disable the virus scan.

hoop4100 wrote:

How can I speed up opening Excel files. I never have this problem on my XP
computer. I'm not sure if it is beause of Vista or Onecare. But I do see
running virrus scan in the lower left hand part of the screen.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes. from my desktop whin i click to open the excel file i use everyday the
excel page opens except where the cells normally are the screen is blank or
waiting. At the bottom in the left had column there is a status "runing
virus scan" and the blue ring of death circles for about 5 minutes and then
the file is finally visable.

hoop4100 wrote:

I tried dissabeling the onecare virus scan. That doesen't work. I added the
files I use to an exemption list. And I lowered the security level inside
Excel to low. Nothing works.

"Bob I" wrote:

Disable the virus scan.

hoop4100 wrote:

How can I speed up opening Excel files. I never have this problem on my XP
computer. I'm not sure if it is beause of Vista or Onecare. But I do see
running virrus scan in the lower left hand part of the screen.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Figure out where to kill that "virus scan" business, and you should be
home free. There is a "OneCare" forum out there.

hoop4100 wrote:

I tried dissabeling the onecare virus scan. That doesen't work. I added the
files I use to an exemption list. And I lowered the security level inside
Excel to low. Nothing works.

"Bob I" wrote:

Disable the virus scan.