Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Add numbers belonging to a vendor

Dear Excel(lent) users,

I have a simple problem, which I tried with sumif, but does not seem to work.

I hav a list of purchase orders. Each purchase order consists of the po
number, the amount, the article and the vendor. Now I want to know how much
we have spent per vendor.

SHEET 1
--------------------------
Column A: Po number
Column B: Amount
Column C: Article
Column D: Vendor name

On a different sheet I have the names of the individual vendors:

SHEET 2
----------------------------
Column A: Vendor name
Column B: Calculation of all PO's Amounts added up per vendor name in A

Can you help me please?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Try this on sheet 2 column B

=SUMPRODUCT((Sheet1!D2:D100=A2)*(Sheet1!B2:B100))

Where sheet2 A2 is a vendor name that appears in column D on sheet 1

Mike

"The Fool on the Hill" wrote:

Dear Excel(lent) users,

I have a simple problem, which I tried with sumif, but does not seem to work.

I hav a list of purchase orders. Each purchase order consists of the po
number, the amount, the article and the vendor. Now I want to know how much
we have spent per vendor.

SHEET 1
--------------------------
Column A: Po number
Column B: Amount
Column C: Article
Column D: Vendor name

On a different sheet I have the names of the individual vendors:

SHEET 2
----------------------------
Column A: Vendor name
Column B: Calculation of all PO's Amounts added up per vendor name in A

Can you help me please?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

A database, as in an Access database, to answer a simple question as the one
posed??
Please try to contribute, and not act silly

Tyro

"The Fool on the Hill" wrote:

Dear Excel(lent) users,

I have a simple problem, which I tried with sumif, but does not seem to
work.

I hav a list of purchase orders. Each purchase order consists of the po
number, the amount, the article and the vendor. Now I want to know how
much
we have spent per vendor.

SHEET 1
--------------------------
Column A: Po number
Column B: Amount
Column C: Article
Column D: Vendor name

On a different sheet I have the names of the individual vendors:

SHEET 2
----------------------------
Column A: Vendor name
Column B: Calculation of all PO's Amounts added up per vendor name in A

Can you help me please?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

A pivot table is perfect for this. select the data in sheet 1, do datapivot
table and pivot chart report, click next twice, select layout and drag the
vendor name header to the row and the amount header to data, click OK and
click Finish.
That will add a new sheet with the data per your request

Peo Sjoblom

"The Fool on the Hill" wrote in
message ...