Rashid

Default INSERT LINE after Vendor name change

Hi All,

I have a big Excel report that I run on a daily basis. My boss wants
me to insert 2 blank rows after every name change in vendors_name
coloumn. The idea is to seperate vendors so it is easy for him to
review the report.

How can this be done?

Please help, it is very important.

Thanks,

Rashid
Ron Coderre

If all your boss needs is a more viewable report, can't you just expand the
row height and set all info cells to align to the top? That will space the
data and enhance readability without cluttering up the space with extra rows.

Can that work in your situation?

Ron

Ron Coderre

Second thought, would automatic subtotals at each change in the Vendor name
work? You'd get the row separators with practically no effort.
Ron

Gord Dibben

Rashid

Can you live with a macro?

Sub InsertRow_At_Change()
Dim i As Long
With Application
.Calculation = xlManual
.ScreenUpdating = False
End With
For i = Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row To 2 Step -1
If Cells(i - 1, 1) < Cells(i, 1) Then _
Cells(i, 1).Resize(2, 1).EntireRow.Insert
Next i
With Application
.Calculation = xlAutomatic
.ScreenUpdating = True