vanjohnson

Default SUMIF Not

My spreadsheet has Column A = Product Type, Column B = Sales Potential.
It's about 500 rows long now, and will get larger each week when I receive an
updated report - probably will end up being about 10,000 records.

I'm trying to create a summary table using the SUMIF function to sum up the
sales potential by Product Type. I have about 30 different product types
right now, and a summary box with all of the SUMIF formulas.

What I can't figure out is -- I want a formula that tells me if there are
any potential sales $ that are not included in my 30 different product types.
It also would be really great if I could somehow be directed to those product
types that are not already in my list. I can't seem to get the "<" to work
on the SUMIF, and wondered if there was a better way to do this.

Thanks!
Jason Morin

My recommendation would be use a Pivot Table and to
refresh that Pivot Table after each update. It'll allow
you to see the total sales potential for all product
types, and also allow you to quickly see any product
types and their sales potential not on you original 30
list. Check out many of the free tutorials out the

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotlinks.htm

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA