vanjohnson

Default SUMIF Not

My spreadsheet has Column A = Product Type, Column B = Sales Potential.
It's about 500 rows long now, and will get larger each week when I receive an
updated report - probably will end up being about 10,000 records.

I'm trying to create a summary table using the SUMIF function to sum up the
sales potential by Product Type. I have about 30 different product types
right now, and a summary box with all of the SUMIF formulas.

What I can't figure out is -- I want a formula that tells me if there are
any potential sales $ that are not included in my 30 different product types.
It also would be really great if I could somehow be directed to those product
types that are not already in my list. I can't seem to get the "<" to work
on the SUMIF, and wondered if there was a better way to do this.

Thanks!