Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default formatting cells

I need to type in e-mail addresses for everyone at work, and we have more
than 1,000. Is there a format I can create that will add the last part of
the e-mail (which is the same for everyone) to what I type? (similar to
typing in #'s and having the dollar sign added)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Why don't you put the second part in column B and copy down, then use
column A for the first part and then concatenate A and B in column C?
Fix the values in column C then delete the first two columns.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Oct 9, 10:46 pm, crazyj wrote:
I need to type in e-mail addresses for everyone at work, and we have more
than 1,000. Is there a format I can create that will add the last part of
the e-mail (which is the same for everyone) to what I type? (similar to
typing in #'s and having the dollar sign added)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Sandy - I knew there was a reason for steering clear of a
formatting solution, but I had a nagging doubt when I saw Elkar's
solution.

I suppose if the end part of the address is always the same, then the
OP could save a column and just have:

"

in B1 and copy down.

Pete

On Oct 9, 11:55 pm, "Sandy Mann" wrote:
If you use formatting to add the last part of the address then you will not
be able to us it to create an email. For instance if you format the cell as
custom format:

"

then enter in the cell sandymann2, you will see in the cell:

but in the formula bar, which shows what is really in the cell all youwill
see is the sandymann2 which you entered.

Better to use Pete_UK's suggestion.

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"crazyj" wrote in message

I need to type in e-mail addresses for everyone at work, and we have more
than 1,000. Is there a format I can create that will add the last part of
the e-mail (which is the same for everyone) to what I type? (similar to
typing in #'s and having the dollar sign added)- Hide quoted text -