Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default If formulas with multiple cells???

Ok so I cant fiure this one out Help please anyone....
I am trying to set a formula that states if any 2 or more of columns A, B,
C, D and E are equal to or greater than 1 then formula cell will equal Y

Can anyone tell me how to set this standard If formula doesnt work
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this:

=IF(COUNTIF(A1:E1,"=1")=2,"Y","")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Schulzy" wrote in message
Ok so I cant fiure this one out Help please anyone....
I am trying to set a formula that states if any 2 or more of columns A, B,
C, D and E are equal to or greater than 1 then formula cell will equal Y

Can anyone tell me how to set this standard If formula doesnt work

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Schulzy,

Try this,
=IF(COUNTIF(A1:E1,"=1")1,"Y","")

If you mean more than one row, say 5 rows
by 5 columns change it to
=IF(COUNTIF(A1:E5,"=1")1,"Y","")

HTH
Martin

"Schulzy" wrote in message
Ok so I cant fiure this one out Help please anyone....
I am trying to set a formula that states if any 2 or more of columns A, B,
C, D and E are equal to or greater than 1 then formula cell will equal Y

Can anyone tell me how to set this standard If formula doesnt work

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks but my 5 cells are not in consequtive range eg A,D,G,J,M,O this
formula only allows for three cells not the full five

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try this:

=IF(COUNTIF(A1:E1,"=1")=2,"Y","")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Schulzy" wrote in message
Ok so I cant fiure this one out Help please anyone....
I am trying to set a formula that states if any 2 or more of columns A, B,
C, D and E are equal to or greater than 1 then formula cell will equal Y

Can anyone tell me how to set this standard If formula doesnt work

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=IF(SUMPRODUCT(--(MOD(COLUMN(A2:M2),3)=1),--(A2:M2=2))=2,"Y","")

--
HTH

Bob

"Schulzy" wrote in message
Thanks but my 5 cells are not in consequtive range eg A,D,G,J,M,O this
formula only allows for three cells not the full five

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try this:

=IF(COUNTIF(A1:E1,"=1")=2,"Y","")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Schulzy" wrote in message
Ok so I cant fiure this one out Help please anyone....
I am trying to set a formula that states if any 2 or more of columns A,
B,
C, D and E are equal to or greater than 1 then formula cell will equal

Can anyone tell me how to set this standard If formula doesnt work

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You're not making it very easy. First you say columns A to E,
then you say another five cells and list 6 cells..??

Anyway I'll take a guess and try this approach.
Select A1
Hold down Ctrl and select D1, G1, J1, M1 and O1
Click in the Name Box and name your range Rang1
then use this formula in a cell of your choice.
=IF(INDEX(FREQUENCY(Rang1,{0.99999999}),2)1,"Y"," ")

HTH
Martin

"Schulzy" wrote in message
Thanks but my 5 cells are not in consequtive range eg A,D,G,J,M,O this
formula only allows for three cells not the full five

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try this:

=IF(COUNTIF(A1:E1,"=1")=2,"Y","")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Schulzy" wrote in message
Ok so I cant fiure this one out Help please anyone....
I am trying to set a formula that states if any 2 or more of columns A,
B,
C, D and E are equal to or greater than 1 then formula cell will equal

Can anyone tell me how to set this standard If formula doesnt work

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks all

Sorry if I didnt explain all that well to start

so what I wanted to do was set an If formula that would show Y if 2 out of
five cells had a value of greater than 1 - the cells I have that this needs
to relate to are K1,N1,Q1,T1,W1. I have found a resolution by inserting
hidden columns that role into a countif formula and then loaded a standard IF
formula from the hidden column

If there is still an easier way to load this would love to hear it but
thanks to everyone for suggestions