Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default If formulas with multiple cells???

See my earlier response

--
HTH

Bob

"Schulzy" wrote in message
Thanks all

Sorry if I didnt explain all that well to start

so what I wanted to do was set an If formula that would show Y if 2 out
of
five cells had a value of greater than 1 - the cells I have that this
needs
to relate to are K1,N1,Q1,T1,W1. I have found a resolution by inserting
hidden columns that role into a countif formula and then loaded a standard
IF
formula from the hidden column

If there is still an easier way to load this would love to hear it but
thanks to everyone for suggestions

"MartinW" wrote:

Hi Schulzy,

Try this,
=IF(COUNTIF(A1:E1,"=1")1,"Y","")

If you mean more than one row, say 5 rows
by 5 columns change it to
=IF(COUNTIF(A1:E5,"=1")1,"Y","")

HTH
Martin

"Schulzy" wrote in message
Ok so I cant fiure this one out Help please anyone....
I am trying to set a formula that states if any 2 or more of columns A,
B,
C, D and E are equal to or greater than 1 then formula cell will equal

Can anyone tell me how to set this standard If formula doesnt work