Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sorting Subtotaled information

I have subtoaled the total charges of several customers. Now i want to sort
the subtotoaled results, from lowest to highest.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Did you use data|subtotal to create the subtotals?

If yes, then use the outlining symbols to the left to hide the details and then
sort your range.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I was actually able to get it to work, but only if I had 1 subtotoaled
criteri. Do you know how to do it if i want to keep several criterie, i.e a
count of one thing, and a sum of another,

chris wrote:

I have subtoaled the total charges of several customers. Now i want to sort
the subtotoaled results, from lowest to highest.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Couldn't you just hide the details and do sorts over and over...

Personally, I think I'd drop the data|subtotals and learn about data|pivottable.

You'll find that you can make very nice summaries really quickly.

And once you create your pivottable, you'll be able to pivot on any type of
report that you want.

If you've never used pivottables, here are a few links:

Debra Dalgleish's pictures at Jon Peltier's site:
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivottables.htm
And Debra's own site:

John Walkenbach also has some at:
http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/general.htm
(look for Tony Gwynn's Hit Database)

Chip Pearson keeps Harald Staff's notes at:

MS has some at (xl2000 and xl2002):
http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2000/XCrtPiv.aspx
http://office.microsoft.com/assistan...lconPT101.aspx

====
And if you have used pivottables and can't use them here, then never mind.