Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default IF/AND/OR FORMULA HELP NEEDED

I have a spreadsheet that has coloum A with a value of IN or OUT. coloum B
has an eight digit number greater than zero as a serial number. I am trying
to use a formula with logical functions that when A=IN, and B has a eight
digit number, the result is my name being filled in the cell in C. When the
value of A=OUT, and an eight digit number is present in B, the result is
"Tier 2" in C. Finally, when there is no eight digit number present in B, the
cell in C is empty with no text. Below is my attempt which, obviously choked.
Any suggestions?

=IF(AND(F30,C3="IN")=TRUE,"C. HOUCHEN","(OR(F30,C3="OUT")="TRUE")","")
--
Clark
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You say IN/OUT is in column A, but your formula is looking in column C.
Anyway, assuming your text is correct, see if this formula does what you
want...

=IF(OR(NOT(ISNUMBER(B1)),LEN(B1)<8),"",IF(A1="IN" ,"Clark","Tier 2"))

Rick

"Clark" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet that has coloum A with a value of IN or OUT. coloum B
has an eight digit number greater than zero as a serial number. I am
trying
to use a formula with logical functions that when A=IN, and B has a eight
digit number, the result is my name being filled in the cell in C. When
the
value of A=OUT, and an eight digit number is present in B, the result is
"Tier 2" in C. Finally, when there is no eight digit number present in B,
the
cell in C is empty with no text. Below is my attempt which, obviously
choked.
Any suggestions?

=IF(AND(F30,C3="IN")=TRUE,"C. HOUCHEN","(OR(F30,C3="OUT")="TRUE")","")
--
Clark

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=IF(AND(F30,C3="IN"),"C. HOUCHEN",IF(AND(F30,C3="OUT"),"Tier 2",""))
if we leave the cell references as you had them in your attempt, or
=IF(AND(B30,A3="IN"),"C. HOUCHEN",IF(AND(B30,A3="OUT"),"Tier 2",""))
if we use columns A & B as you describe.
--
David Biddulph