Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Clark Clark is offline

Default IF/AND/OR FORMULA HELP NEEDED

I have a spreadsheet that has coloum A with a value of IN or OUT. coloum B
has an eight digit number greater than zero as a serial number. I am trying
to use a formula with logical functions that when A=IN, and B has a eight
digit number, the result is my name being filled in the cell in C. When the
value of A=OUT, and an eight digit number is present in B, the result is
"Tier 2" in C. Finally, when there is no eight digit number present in B, the
cell in C is empty with no text. Below is my attempt which, obviously choked.
Any suggestions?

=IF(AND(F30,C3="IN")=TRUE,"C. HOUCHEN","(OR(F30,C3="OUT")="TRUE")","")
--
Clark