Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Auto Complete Problem for 2007

I'm using the new version of Excel 2007. I have the Auto Complete option
turned on under options, however, it only works if I have that text/data on
the row directly above or below the row I'm working in.

Basically I can't have text in A1 = hello, A3 = bye, and in A7 have it auto
complete to any of the text appearing in that same column (as I type it). I
know I used to be able to do this in Excel 2003, no problem.

PLEASE HELP :)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Oct 4, 5:05 pm, JG14 wrote:
I'm using the new version of Excel 2007. I have the Auto Complete option
turned on under options, however, it only works if I have that text/data on
the row directly above or below the row I'm working in.

Basically I can't have text in A1 = hello, A3 = bye, and in A7 have it auto
complete to any of the text appearing in that same column (as I type it). I
know I used to be able to do this in Excel 2003, no problem.

PLEASE HELP :)

I'm pretty sure AutoComplete in xl2003 wouldn't work in A7 if there
were any blank cells above A7.

However, if you fill B1:B7 with any data, I used 1s, AutoComplete will
work down to A7 regardless of intervening blanks.

Column B can be hidden.

I don't have xl2007:-), so I don't know whether or not this xl2003
trick will work in xl2007.

Ken Johnson