Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel upgrade

I upgraded the Office 2007 that came with my new HP to Professional, Now
excel says Non-Commercial use across the top. What Gives?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Home and Student version displays that, it's strictly for Non-Commercial
use.

TStright wrote:

I upgraded the Office 2007 that came with my new HP to Professional, Now
excel says Non-Commercial use across the top. What Gives?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It's normally recommended to UNinstall the trial version prior to
installing the version you purchase. This bypasses most of the little
"gotchas" that pop up from the Trial installation. So basicly after you
have the disc, uninstall the mess and reinstall it to get the S&H trial
version out of there.

TStright wrote:

I upgraded the Office 2007 that came with my new HP to Professional, Now
excel says Non-Commercial use across the top. What Gives?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

So I can uninstall and then reload it from the upgrade suite I bought?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You do have qualifying software? That IS required to take advantage of
the "upgrade" pricing.

TStright wrote:

So I can uninstall and then reload it from the upgrade suite I bought?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The box says any 200-2007 Office program or suite.

TStright wrote:

So I can uninstall and then reload it from the upgrade suite I bought?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

A trial version is exactly that, a trial. It's a sample and at the end
of 60 days it expires. It isn't qualifying software. You will need to
have a legit version of qualifying software if you want to use an
"Upgrade" version of Office 2007.

TStright wrote:

So I can uninstall and then reload it from the upgrade suite I bought?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Perhaps you didn't buy what you thought you did. I can only guess, based
on the evidence you provide. An upgrade version of Office requires
qualifying software. On the other hand the Office 2007 Home and Student
has no upgrade version BUT a purchased copy may be used as the
qualifying software for the Upscale editions.

TStright wrote:

Then why did it install?