Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Merging from Excel data into Word gives incorrect amount

Hi!
When I do a merge into Word from data held in an Excel spreadsheet, the
amount gets translated from its Excel form of, say, 10.95, into the form of
10.95000000008 in the merged document. I've tried setting the "precision as
displayed" option but this hasn't helped. Any ideas anyone please?
Thanks!

Carmel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can format your data on the Word side by editing the fields that get
numeric values and adding the proper switch and/or formatting mask.

For example:

To display the number "34987.89" as "$34,987.89," add a numeric picture
switch (\# $#,###.00).

To display the number "0945" as "9:45 PM," add the date/time picture switch
(\@ "h:mm am/pm").

To ensure that the merged information has the same font and point size you
apply to the merge field, add the \* MERGEFORMAT switch.

In Word's Help facility look up the topic "Format merged Data" for
additional information regarding the formatting of merged fields.

--
Kevin Backmann