Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel File size too large

i have an excel which has 3 sheets and i have been updating it with stock
information.....its size from then until now use to be between 500kb to 600kb
but recently the same file size has reached until 10mb .... i scanned for
viruses but found none....it even takes time to open , close , print & even
save. Pls take this matter seriously and help me out.
Thank You very much.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

See Debra Dalglesih's site for info on large file size.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlfaqApp.html#Unused

BTW.........all posts are taken seriously.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 21:36:00 -0700, Exhange server
wrote:

i have an excel which has 3 sheets and i have been updating it with stock
information.....its size from then until now use to be between 500kb to 600kb
but recently the same file size has reached until 10mb .... i scanned for
viruses but found none....it even takes time to open , close , print & even
save. Pls take this matter seriously and help me out.
Thank You very much.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you Mr Gord Dibben for looking into this matter, but i have not found a
direct answer....could you please tell me directly in the sense how it occurs
and how to prevent it in future. Pls no links. thanks :)

wrote:

i have an excel which has 3 sheets and i have been updating it with stock
information.....its size from then until now use to be between 500kb to 600kb
but recently the same file size has reached until 10mb .... i scanned for
viruses but found none....it even takes time to open , close , print & even
save. Pls take this matter seriously and help me out.
Thank You very much.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Debra has explained it quite well IMO.

Prevention? Depends upon your updating methods which could could leave large
ranges that are empty but Excel still thinks of them as part of the "used
range".

As far as your request for "Pls no links"...........Links to good information
and instructions are a useful tool.

If you don't wish to take the time to go to the suggested link(s) then you will
miss out out on a great deal of assistance in these news groups.

Gord

wrote:

i have an excel which has 3 sheets and i have been updating it with stock
information.....its size from then until now use to be between 500kb to 600kb
but recently the same file size has reached until 10mb .... i scanned for
viruses but found none....it even takes time to open , close , print & even
save. Pls take this matter seriously and help me out.
Thank You very much.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Mr.Gord Dibben........thank You very much for your interest and time , it was
really helpful but i found the solution and there was an object attached in
the file which made its size huge even after deleting some columns and rows
as the object was still there in place......u got me rite......i hope you
share this information with others if useful. i thank you again Mr. Gord
Dibben

wrote:

i have an excel which has 3 sheets and i have been updating it with stock
information.....its size from then until now use to be between 500kb to 600kb
but recently the same file size has reached until 10mb .... i scanned for
viruses but found none....it even takes time to open , close , print & even
save. Pls take this matter seriously and help me out.
Thank You very much.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for posting back with your solution.

Those objects can be a problem.

Gord

wrote:

i have an excel which has 3 sheets and i have been updating it with stock
information.....its size from then until now use to be between 500kb to 600kb
but recently the same file size has reached until 10mb .... i scanned for
viruses but found none....it even takes time to open , close , print & even
save. Pls take this matter seriously and help me out.
Thank You very much.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

My xls file is getting too large to email. I looked into every section of
http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlfaqApp.html#Unused over and over again, but
still did not find any useful info about locating the unwanted object and
deleting it to reduce the file size. Where exactly is the item I should read?
Desparately,
Michael