Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Inserting line breaks in text formula

I'm trying to insert a line break in a cell that has a formula that joins
(using "&") text from other cells. I have cells for address, city, and zip
and would like to create a new cell that has them all joined, but with line
breaks.
Any ideas?

--
J M Shelton
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try it like this:

=A1&CHAR(10)&B1&CHAR(10)&C1

Format the cell to wrap text

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"J M Shelton" wrote in message
I'm trying to insert a line break in a cell that has a formula that joins
(using "&") text from other cells. I have cells for address, city, and
zip
and would like to create a new cell that has them all joined, but with
line
breaks.
Any ideas?

--
J M Shelton

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=A2 & CHAR(10) & B2
You will also have to turn on Cell Wrap, with
Format (Ctrl+1), Cell, Alignment, [x] cell wrap
If you don't you will see square bullets denoting unprintable cells.

I hope you are creating this on a new sheet, because the result
would be very hard to work with in Excel.

If you are trying to print name and address labels, Excel is not well
suited for the task. You are expected to use MS Word with Excel
as the data base. See

When typing text into a cell use of Ctrl+Enter automatically
turns on Cell Wrap.
--
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP -- Excel

"J M Shelton" wrote...
I'm trying to insert a line break in a cell that has a formula that joins
(using "&") text from other cells. I have cells for address, city, and zip
and would like to create a new cell that has them all joined, but with line
breaks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=A1 & CHAR(10) & B1 & CHAR(10) etc.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 18:52:00 -0700, J M Shelton
wrote:

I'm trying to insert a line break in a cell that has a formula that joins
(using "&") text from other cells. I have cells for address, city, and zip
and would like to create a new cell that has them all joined, but with line
breaks.
Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks, that works - I seen that before, but couldn't remember it....
--
J M Shelton

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try it like this:

=A1&CHAR(10)&B1&CHAR(10)&C1

Format the cell to wrap text

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"J M Shelton" wrote in message
I'm trying to insert a line break in a cell that has a formula that joins
(using "&") text from other cells. I have cells for address, city, and
zip
and would like to create a new cell that has them all joined, but with
line
breaks.
Any ideas?

--
J M Shelton

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"J M Shelton" wrote in message
Thanks, that works - I seen that before, but couldn't remember it....
--
J M Shelton

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try it like this: