Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Programmatic Hiding

How do I hide a row if a certain column has a zero in it?

I'm not really ready to do VB or macros and I'm not sure
the competitors overseeing this scoring system are ready to
accept anything too fancy.

- = -
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/vjp2/vasos.htm
[Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Remorse begets zeal] [Windows is for Bimbos]
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

I don't know how to do it without a macro but here's one to try. Right click
the sheet tab, view code and paste this in:

If Target.Cells.Count 1 Or IsEmpty(Target) Then Exit Sub
If Target.Address = "$A$1" Then 'change to suit
If Target.Value = 0 Then
Rows("9:9").Hidden = True 'change to suit
Else
Rows("9:9").Hidden = False 'change to suit

If a zero is enter in A1 then row 9 becomes hidden, anything else the row
becomes visible

Mike

" wrote:

How do I hide a row if a certain column has a zero in it?

I'm not really ready to do VB or macros and I'm not sure
the competitors overseeing this scoring system are ready to
accept anything too fancy.

- = -
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/vjp2/vasos.htm
[Urb sprawl confounds terror] [Remorse begets zeal] [Windows is for Bimbos]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you don't want coding, you may?? want to do this with conditional
formatting. Select the row header (left side) Formatconditional
formatformula is =if(countif(2:2,0)0format font as white(same color as
background) to hide the font on the entire row if any cell on the row has a
0. Of course, the problem is how to now find which has the 0 . Or, as you
said, "a certain column" so formula would be =$a$2=0

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel