Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Drop Down List

Is there a way (Excel 2007) to merge 2 columns with different info into one
Drop Down List?

Example:

Column a1 B1 C1

Name ID # Rate

As shown, A1 & B1 will not change. Column C1 can can change depending on
the task.

I just need to combine A1,B1 into one drop down list

Bob M.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You need to have an auxilary column which concatenates columns A & B. Then
make your drop down list columns C & D

Column a1 B1 C1 D1

Name ID # =A1 & " " & B1 Rate

"robert morris" wrote:

Is there a way (Excel 2007) to merge 2 columns with different info into one
Drop Down List?

Example:

Column a1 B1 C1

Name ID # Rate

As shown, A1 & B1 will not change. Column C1 can can change depending on
the task.

I just need to combine A1,B1 into one drop down list

Bob M.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the reply. I'm a little confused tho. Columns A, B, and C are
adjacent columns with no space between them. We also need to copy Col a, b
and c down to approx 100 rows. Columns A and B need to remain separate
Columns due to sorting by name and/or ID#. Column C (Rate) changes as to the
task performed. For purposes of the Drop Down Box, combining the two cells
would reduce the keystrokes involved as well as accuracy. Am I clear as mud?

Bob M.

"robert morris" wrote:

Is there a way (Excel 2007) to merge 2 columns with different info into one
Drop Down List?

Example:

Column a1 B1 C1

Name ID # Rate

As shown, A1 & B1 will not change. Column C1 can can change depending on
the task.

I just need to combine A1,B1 into one drop down list

Bob M.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

My recommendation was to add a new column C between your old columns B and
C.. You could also Hide A and b so the results will appear like you old
worksheet except the drop down list will have 2 items instead of 1.

by using my formula any changes and sorting of A and B will automatically
appear in my new column. The result I think are what you are looking for.