Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
AAD AAD is offline

Default Take a column of numbers and automatically make them into a row

I want to take a column of numbers and instead of them being in a vertical
line, make them across the top without cutting and pasting each individual
cell is there a function to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select a range on one row with as many columns as your original data has
rows. Then type

=TRANSPOSE(A1:A5)

(change A1:A5 to your data range) and press CTRL SHIFT ENTER rather than
just ENTER. If you do this properly, Excel will display the formula in the
formula bar enclosed in curly braces {}.

Another method is to use the following formula:

=OFFSET($A$1,COLUMN()-COLUMN($D$8),0,1,1)

Change $A$1 to the first cell of your original data and change $D$8 to the
cell in which you enter this formula. Then, copy this formula across for as
many columns as your original data has rows.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"AAD" wrote in message
I want to take a column of numbers and instead of them being in a vertical
line, make them across the top without cutting and pasting each individual
cell is there a function to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Copy the cellsPaste SpecialTranspose.

If you are using XL2003 or lower, then your column of cells can't be greater
than 256, otherwise it won't transpose.

--
Regards
Roger Govier