Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sly Sly is offline

Default Edit links when the sheet is protected

Hello,

I would like to know if it's possible to allow users to edit the linked
files in a sheet with some proctected cells in ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi sly,

If you mean can the user use the Edit, Links command - no it is basically
disabled when worksheet protection is on.

If you mean can the user edit a cell that contains a link to another file -
the answer is that it depends: If the cell is Unlocked then you can edit the
link, if the cell is Locked you can not.
--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"sly" wrote:

Hello,

I would like to know if it's possible to allow users to edit the linked
files in a sheet with some proctected cells in ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sly Sly is offline

"If you mean can the user use the Edit, Links command - no it is basically
disabled when worksheet protection is on"

Yes that's what I mean. But it's not all the sheet that I want to protect,
just some cells in particular...I would like to let the users modify the
others cells and edit their linked files in the unprotected cells. Is that is
possible ?

"sly" wrote:

Hello,

I would like to know if it's possible to allow users to edit the linked
files in a sheet with some proctected cells in ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Select the cells that you want the user to be able to modify.

Choose Format, Cells, Protection and uncheck Locked. Click OK.

Turn on protection - Tools, Protection, Protect Sheet.

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire