Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Creating a Combo Box

I've followed a tutorial in creating a Combo Box, however when I went to
populate my combo box I have a problem. When I right-click on the combo box
and choose Format Control there isn't a "Control Tab." Any suggestions why?

I am currently working with Microsoft Office 2000 Professional.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In XL there are 2 types of combo boxes. On comes from the Control ToolBox
(the kind you have right now). To do what you want you need to look at the
properties and the way that you attach code is different. What you want is a
combo box from the Forms Toolbar. That will work in accordance with your
instructions...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Jamie" wrote:

I've followed a tutorial in creating a Combo Box, however when I went to
populate my combo box I have a problem. When I right-click on the combo box
and choose Format Control there isn't a "Control Tab." Any suggestions why?

I am currently working with Microsoft Office 2000 Professional.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have the Forms Toolbar up and I clicked on the combo box to create it. I
guess I'm a little confused . . . I know that it's probably a very simple
mistake. Can you explain what you mean by looking at the properties and the
attach code?

"Jamie" wrote:

I've followed a tutorial in creating a Combo Box, however when I went to
populate my combo box I have a problem. When I right-click on the combo box
and choose Format Control there isn't a "Control Tab." Any suggestions why?

I am currently working with Microsoft Office 2000 Professional.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There are two different toolbars that allow you to create buttons and text
boxes and combo boxes... As a guess you have the wrong one open at the
moment. Right click on the word "File" in the Menu bar to get a listing of
the toolbars you have open. Is Control Toolbox checked? Uncheck it and check
"Forms Toolbar"...

--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson