Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I capture info from multiple sheets to main worksheet?

I have a travel worksheet for budgeting purposes. We need to get the
information (# of trips/# of days) submitted from the four people (all on
separate sheets within the main worksheet document) to the main worksheet.
Is there a formula that would allow me to take the totals of each sheet and
put the total in the main sheet?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=Sheet2!B10
in Sheet1 will display the content of B10 in Sheet2

Or have I misunderstood?
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"cempire5" wrote in message
I have a travel worksheet for budgeting purposes. We need to get the
information (# of trips/# of days) submitted from the four people (all on
separate sheets within the main worksheet document) to the main worksheet.
Is there a formula that would allow me to take the totals of each sheet
and
put the total in the main sheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Since there will be four sheets of different responses would I put:
=Sheet2!B10+Sheet3!B10+Sheet4!B10 so that the total of each of these sheets
calculates in the main worksheet?

"cempire5" wrote in message
I have a travel worksheet for budgeting purposes. We need to get the
information (# of trips/# of days) submitted from the four people (all on
separate sheets within the main worksheet document) to the main worksheet.
Is there a formula that would allow me to take the totals of each sheet
and
put the total in the main sheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes that would work
So would =SUM(Sheet2:Sheet5!B10)
If sheets have spaces in their names:
=SUM('Jan data:March data'!B10)
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"cempire5" wrote in message
I have a travel worksheet for budgeting purposes. We need to get the
information (# of trips/# of days) submitted from the four people (all
on
separate sheets within the main worksheet document) to the main
worksheet.
Is there a formula that would allow me to take the totals of each sheet
and
put the total in the main sheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It worked. You're the best! I hope I'm not asking too much, but this
spreadsheet has columns B-Y and rows 4-19. How do I copy that formula so
that I don't have to retype each and every one for the remainder of the
worksheet?

"cempire5" wrote in message
I have a travel worksheet for budgeting purposes. We need to get the
information (# of trips/# of days) submitted from the four people (all
on
separate sheets within the main worksheet document) to the main
worksheet.
Is there a formula that would allow me to take the totals of each sheet
and
put the total in the main sheet?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you type one of the formulas , say =SUM(Sheet2:Sheet5!B10)
in B1 of Sheet1 and then copy it to C1, then C1 will read
=SUM(Sheet2:Sheet5!C10)
Experiment and see what you get
best wishes
--