Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Number entered isn't number recorded in cell.

If you enter a "1" in the cell and hit Enter you get "0.00001" in the cell.
If you enter "1." you get "1" in the cell. Looked everywhere I could for
some type of formating that was causing it and can't find anything. It
happens with any spreadsheet that is run on one system we have. It doesn't
matter where or when the spreadsheet was first created and you can put the
spreadsheet on any other system and it is fine. Seems to be only one system
that is affected.

Any ideas what is going on?

Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

<Tools <Options <Edit tab,
And *UNCHECK*
"Fixed Decimals".
--
HTH,

RD

"BubbaGee" wrote in message
If you enter a "1" in the cell and hit Enter you get "0.00001" in the
cell.
If you enter "1." you get "1" in the cell. Looked everywhere I could for
some type of formating that was causing it and can't find anything. It
happens with any spreadsheet that is run on one system we have. It
doesn't
matter where or when the spreadsheet was first created and you can put the
spreadsheet on any other system and it is fine. Seems to be only one
system
that is affected.

Any ideas what is going on?

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

have a look at <tools<options<edit<fixed decimal<
regards

--
Greetings from New Zealand

"BubbaGee" wrote in message
If you enter a "1" in the cell and hit Enter you get "0.00001" in the
cell.
If you enter "1." you get "1" in the cell. Looked everywhere I could for
some type of formating that was causing it and can't find anything. It
happens with any spreadsheet that is run on one system we have. It
doesn't
matter where or when the spreadsheet was first created and you can put the
spreadsheet on any other system and it is fine. Seems to be only one
system
that is affected.

Any ideas what is going on?

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj bj is offline

check tools-options-edit
unselect fixed decimal places (Halfway down on left)