-   -   Number entered isn't number recorded in cell. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/157888-number-entered-isnt-number-recorded-cell.html)

BubbaGee

Number entered isn't number recorded in cell.

If you enter a "1" in the cell and hit Enter you get "0.00001" in the cell.
If you enter "1." you get "1" in the cell. Looked everywhere I could for
some type of formating that was causing it and can't find anything. It
happens with any spreadsheet that is run on one system we have. It doesn't
matter where or when the spreadsheet was first created and you can put the
spreadsheet on any other system and it is fine. Seems to be only one system
that is affected.

Any ideas what is going on?

Thanks,

RagDyeR

Number entered isn't number recorded in cell.

<Tools <Options <Edit tab,
And *UNCHECK*
"Fixed Decimals".
--
HTH,

RD

"BubbaGee" wrote in message
If you enter a "1" in the cell and hit Enter you get "0.00001" in the
cell.
If you enter "1." you get "1" in the cell. Looked everywhere I could for
some type of formating that was causing it and can't find anything. It
happens with any spreadsheet that is run on one system we have. It
doesn't
matter where or when the spreadsheet was first created and you can put the
spreadsheet on any other system and it is fine. Seems to be only one
system
that is affected.

Any ideas what is going on?

Thanks,

Bill Kuunders

Number entered isn't number recorded in cell.

have a look at <tools<options<edit<fixed decimal<
regards

--
Greetings from New Zealand

"BubbaGee" wrote in message
If you enter a "1" in the cell and hit Enter you get "0.00001" in the
cell.
If you enter "1." you get "1" in the cell. Looked everywhere I could for
some type of formating that was causing it and can't find anything. It
happens with any spreadsheet that is run on one system we have. It
doesn't
matter where or when the spreadsheet was first created and you can put the
spreadsheet on any other system and it is fine. Seems to be only one
system
that is affected.

Any ideas what is going on?

Thanks,

bj

Number entered isn't number recorded in cell.

check tools-options-edit
unselect fixed decimal places (Halfway down on left)

"BubbaGee" wrote:

If you enter a "1" in the cell and hit Enter you get "0.00001" in the cell.
If you enter "1." you get "1" in the cell. Looked everywhere I could for
some type of formating that was causing it and can't find anything. It
happens with any spreadsheet that is run on one system we have. It doesn't
matter where or when the spreadsheet was first created and you can put the
spreadsheet on any other system and it is fine. Seems to be only one system
that is affected.

Any ideas what is going on?

Thanks,

BubbaGee

Number entered isn't number recorded in cell.

Thanks for the help.

--
BubbaGee