Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default cell that only a certain number may be entered

I need a cell to allow only a certain number to be entered such as a 2 or a 0.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use Data Validation.
--
Gary''s Student

I need a cell to allow only a certain number to be entered such as a 2 or a 0.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I tried that but it still accepts a different number such as 1

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Use Data Validation.
--
Gary''s Student

I need a cell to allow only a certain number to be entered such as a 2 or a 0.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

How about DV and Custom =A1=2

Only the number 2 is valid entry for A1.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 10:14:02 -0700, jbailey
wrote:

I tried that but it still accepts a different number such as 1

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Use Data Validation.
--
Gary''s Student

"jbailey" wrote:

I need a cell to allow only a certain number to be entered such as a 2 or a 0.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

How would I then tell it that either 0 or 2 are valid?

wrote:

I tried that but it still accepts a different number such as 1

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Use Data Validation.
--
Gary''s Student

"jbailey" wrote:

I need a cell to allow only a certain number to be entered such as a 2 or a 0.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=OR(A1=0,(A1=2))

Gord

wrote:

I tried that but it still accepts a different number such as 1

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Use Data Validation.
--
Gary''s Student

"jbailey" wrote:

I need a cell to allow only a certain number to be entered such as a 2 or a 0.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

that will work for the 2 but how do I make it accept both the 2 and the 0

wrote:

I tried that but it still accepts a different number such as 1

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Use Data Validation.
--
Gary''s Student

"jbailey" wrote:

I need a cell to allow only a certain number to be entered such as a 2 or a 0.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I already posted this earlier in response to your post but here it is again.

=OR(A1=0,(A1=2))

Gord

wrote:

I tried that but it still accepts a different number such as 1

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Use Data Validation.
--
Gary''s Student