Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default My files are opening as read only but I'm not tagging them. Help!

When submitting Excel spreadsheets (that I've created) via email, the
recipient gets them as a read only file. I have not tagged them as such.
Anybody else had that problem?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It's because they open them from the email program, tell them to save the
file to the hd first

Peo Sjoblom

"Tracy" wrote in message
When submitting Excel spreadsheets (that I've created) via email, the
recipient gets them as a read only file. I have not tagged them as such.
Anybody else had that problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default My files are opening as read only but I'm not tagging them. He

I sent it again. He saved the file first. Got out of the email program,
opened windows explorer and accessed the file that way. It still was read
only. I've sent the same file to a few other people and everything is fine.
It seems to just be happening with this particular computer.

"Tracy" wrote in message
When submitting Excel spreadsheets (that I've created) via email, the
recipient gets them as a read only file. I have not tagged them as such.
Anybody else had that problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In article , ?B?VHJhY3k=?= wrote:
I sent it again. He saved the file first. Got out of the email program,
opened windows explorer and accessed the file that way. It still was read
only. I've sent the same file to a few other people and everything is fine.
It seems to just be happening with this particular computer.

You get read only sometimes if there is a disk space problem. Could be
either email quota or a network drive quota problem. Are they having other
mysterious difficulties as well ? :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In article , ?B?VHJhY3k=?= wrote:
Thank you!

Pleased to help. The conection isn't obvious ... until you've been there and
seen it for yourself. :)

"Bruce Sinclair" wrote:

In article ,