Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I highlight a single word or group of words?

I am trying to highlight a group of words in a cell. I don't want to
highlight the entire cell.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Edit the cell
Select the word(s) you want to highlight
Right-click on the selected characters (to show the pop-up menu)
Select: Format Cells.....Change the Font settings.....Click [OK]

Does that help?
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)

(XL2003, Win XP)

"davidepco" wrote in message
I am trying to highlight a group of words in a cell. I don't want to
highlight the entire cell.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ron has given the manual method for changing the font color by editing and
formatting.

If you have a great bunch of these to do with the same string in each cell you
could use a macro.

If interested post back.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP