Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Octavio

Default How can I hide the words of a cell (or a group of cells)...

when I print (hidden on the paper print only) without erasing or deleting
the word or formula in the cell?
Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
CLR

zOne way is to change the font color to the same as the background color of
the cell(s)

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Octavio" wrote:

when I print (hidden on the paper print only) without erasing or deleting
the word or formula in the cell?
Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben

Or format as custom ;;; if this is feasible.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Octavio" wrote:

when I print (hidden on the paper print only) without erasing or deleting
the word or formula in the cell?
Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Octavio,
Please stick to this thread where you originally posted. How can one
trust a
document that looks one way to one person and another way to someone
else,
where is your audit trail. Especially if such a number is used in a
calculation
-- and I don't know if it is or not.

You might be able to accomplish something along your lines of being
able to
see something on the display, but not in print using a cell
comment.(if not
used in a calculation).
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ccomment.htm

HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP, Excel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Octavio

Thanks, David, for your advise.
I think that I read sometime ago somewhere how to hide the words when
printing, however, I think it was in the Word program (is that correct?). I
was hoping that you could do the same with Excell, but it seems from all of
your responses that that is not possible with that program.

wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi Octavio,
Please stick to this thread where you originally posted. How can one
trust a
document that looks one way to one person and another way to someone
else,
where is your audit trail. Especially if such a number is used in a
calculation
-- and I don't know if it is or not.

You might be able to accomplish something along your lines of being
able to
see something on the display, but not in print using a cell
comment.(if not
used in a calculation).
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ccomment.htm

HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP, Excel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
CLR

You can also set a specific PrintArea in Excel, that will not include some
data you do not wish to print.....

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi Octavio,
Please stick to this thread where you originally posted. How can one
trust a
document that looks one way to one person and another way to someone
else,
where is your audit trail. Especially if such a number is used in a
calculation
-- and I don't know if it is or not.

You might be able to accomplish something along your lines of being
able to
see something on the display, but not in print using a cell
comment.(if not
used in a calculation).
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ccomment.htm

HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP, Excel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Octavio

How do you do that Chuck? I changed the font color to white to match the
color of the paper (like you suggested in your first answer) and it did not
show in the computer, I could not see it in the computer, but it printed.
The color of the background that I work with (and most of us work with) in
the computer is white and also the color of the paper. What else can I do?
Please advise.

wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi Octavio,
Please stick to this thread where you originally posted. How can one
trust a
document that looks one way to one person and another way to someone
else,
where is your audit trail. Especially if such a number is used in a
calculation
-- and I don't know if it is or not.

You might be able to accomplish something along your lines of being
able to
see something on the display, but not in print using a cell
comment.(if not
used in a calculation).
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ccomment.htm

HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP, Excel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
CLR

I'd check out the File Print Properties.......

Maybe the Printer properties are set to print in greyscale or
monochrome......

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi Octavio,
Please stick to this thread where you originally posted. How can

one
trust a
document that looks one way to one person and another way to someone
else,
where is your audit trail. Especially if such a number is used in

calculation
-- and I don't know if it is or not.

You might be able to accomplish something along your lines of being
able to
see something on the display, but not in print using a cell
comment.(if not
used in a calculation).
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ccomment.htm

HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP, Excel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
David McRitchie

And what you got was the opposites of what you wanted --
wasn't it?

As far as the print area goes that is under File, Print Area
where you choose the contiguous area that you want to print.
I don't think that is what you want as it sounded like it was
one cell that you did not want to print.

I think to get what you want, displaying everything on the monitor
and not printing certain cell(s), you would have to use a macro
to generate another page, obscuring the cell possibly by the
formatting already suggested. You have to be careful lest you
remove content from a cell if other cells are dependent on the value
as that would change the content and appearance,
then print and discard the created intermediary worksheet.
---
HTH,

wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi Octavio,
Please stick to this thread where you originally posted. How can one
trust a
document that looks one way to one person and another way to someone
else,
where is your audit trail. Especially if such a number is used in a
calculation
-- and I don't know if it is or not.

You might be able to accomplish something along your lines of being
able to
see something on the display, but not in print using a cell
comment.(if not
used in a calculation).
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ccomment.htm

HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP, Excel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
David McRitchie

There is Print B&W in File, Page setup, sheets
that is going to print text as black, and remove fill color.

There is the high contrast setting that would hide
material from being displayed but would print.
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320531

http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/colors.htm
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/colors_print.htm
---
HTH,

wrote in message
ps.com...
Hi Octavio,
Please stick to this thread where you originally posted. How can

one
trust a
document that looks one way to one person and another way to someone
else,
where is your audit trail. Especially if such a number is used in

calculation
-- and I don't know if it is or not.

You might be able to accomplish something along your lines of being
able to
see something on the display, but not in print using a cell
comment.(if not
used in a calculation).
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ccomment.htm

HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP, Excel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Octavio

OK, I put together all your last advising and this is the procedure, as I
tested it:
1. Select desired fonts and formulas to be hidden and not to print.
2. Open "Format Cells", change color to white (or to the color of the
paper).
3. Open File, Page Setup, and under the "Print" heading, uncheck "Black and
White"
When printing, the selected white fonts are hidden and do not print,
although they still are in the cells.
(As an aside, I think that Microsoft should include in future versions a way
to do this quickly and easily without having to go thru all these steps. Do
you all agree?)
Thanks to you all.

wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
David McRitchie

If you are trying to write this up somewhere, I expect you want
#1. Select desired *cells* to be hidden from printing.

My opinion of on hiding things in print as opposed to display view
is that it is a misrepresentation, though better than showing different
figures in a cell than is actually used.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Debra Dalgleish

You can quickly change the font colour with conditional formatting, as
described he

http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat03.html#Print

"CLR" wrote in message

You can also set a specific PrintArea in Excel, that will not include

some

data you do not wish to print.....

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Octavio" wrote in message
. ..

Thanks, David, for your advise.
I think that I read sometime ago somewhere how to hide the words
when
printing, however, I think it was in the Word program (is that

correct?).

was hoping that you could do the same with Excell, but it seems from

all

of

your responses that that is not possible with that program.

legroups.com...

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Octavio

If you want to bring a blank sheet to be filled away from the computer (lets
say, construction and architectural people who fill forms in the site away
from the office and then have the numbers put in the computer by other
office personnel, to put only one example, or driving mileage, to put
another), you don't want the number "0's" to be in the sheet, you want
these to be blank. That is what Excell needs an easy quick way to achieve
that.

#1. Select desired *cells* to be hidden from printing.

My opinion of on hiding things in print as opposed to display view
is that it is a misrepresentation, though better than showing different
figures in a cell than is actually used.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Octavio

Thanks for calling that to my attention. But these steps referenced seem
laborious (and not for the novices) and require steps that can be avoided
with an easy toolbar or single simple command. See my answer to the thread
above.

"CLR" wrote in message

I'd check out the File Print Properties.......

Maybe the Printer properties are set to print in greyscale or
monochrome......

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Octavio" wrote in message
.. .

How do you do that Chuck? I changed the font color to white to match
the
color of the paper (like you suggested in your first answer) and it did

not

show in the computer, I could not see it in the computer, but it
printed.
The color of the background that I work with (and most of us work with)
in
the computer is white and also the color of the paper. What else can I

do?

Please advise.

"CLR" wrote in message
.. .

You can also set a specific PrintArea in Excel, that will not include

some

data you do not wish to print.....

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Octavio" wrote in message
.. .

Thanks, David, for your advise.
I think that I read sometime ago somewhere how to hide the words when
printing, however, I think it was in the Word program (is that

correct?).

was hoping that you could do the same with Excell, but it seems from

all

of

your responses that that is not possible with that program.

wrote in message
glegroups.com...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Octavio

And you also want the blank cells to show up, something that would not
happen if you "hide"

#1. Select desired *cells* to be hidden from printing.