Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditioanl formating

Hello,

I need to schedule some cells to change to a given color (ex. yellow) when
the due date is nearing (say 3 days out), then I need it to change to red
when the due date is here or has passed.

For instance if the due date is 9/12/07, I would like the cell to
automatically change to yellow 3 days prior, and then on the 12th, it should
turn red.

Any help is greately appreciated.
--
Thanks!

EM
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select the cell or cells you want to format. I'm assuming your selecting A1
first.

Format - Conditional Format

Formula is =today()-A1< 3
Format to YELLOW
Formula is =today() = A1
Format to RED

--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

"moon" wrote:

Hello,

I need to schedule some cells to change to a given color (ex. yellow) when
the due date is nearing (say 3 days out), then I need it to change to red
when the due date is here or has passed.

For instance if the due date is 9/12/07, I would like the cell to
automatically change to yellow 3 days prior, and then on the 12th, it should
turn red.

Any help is greately appreciated.
--
Thanks!

EM

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

you can add two conditions (both using the "Cell Value is" dropdown).