Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Variable Highlighting

I would like to enter a series of values in a horizontal range of cells. Then
I would like the numbers array (about 20rows x 40col) that match the input to
highlight themselves.

Thanks in advance
Phil
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Assume your horiz range of values are within A1:D1,
and your 20R x 40C range is within A3:AN22

Select A3:AN22 (with A3 active), then apply conditional formatting using
Formula is:
=COUNTIF($A$1:$D$1,A3)
Format to taste, OK out.
Adapt to suit
--
Max
Singapore
"PEGWINN" wrote:
I would like to enter a series of values in a horizontal range of cells. Then
I would like the numbers array (about 20rows x 40col) that match the input to
highlight themselves.

Thanks in advance
Phil

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What version of Excel are you using? This will work in versions prior to
Excel 2007.

Assume the input range is A1:E1

The table range is A5:E10

Select the range A5:E10 with A5 being the active cell. The active cell is
the one that doesn't have a blueish color.

Goto the menu FormatConditional Formatting
Formula Is: =AND(A5<"",OR(A5=$A$1:$E$1))
Click the Format button
Select the Patterns tab
Selet a fill color of your choice
OK out

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"PEGWINN" wrote in message
I would like to enter a series of values in a horizontal range of cells.
Then
I would like the numbers array (about 20rows x 40col) that match the input
highlight themselves.

Thanks in advance
Phil

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Max and T,

Thanks, I will try it tomorrow night and let you know how it went.

Phil
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ok, it took a little more than "tomorrow" but I got it done using both
methods. Thanks a lots guys it was perfect. -- Phil

"PEGWINN" wrote:

Max and T,

Thanks, I will try it tomorrow night and let you know how it went.

Phil

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Good to hear that. Thanks for feeding back.

btw, I threw in some thoughts on your other posting:
Randomize from a list