Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Text wrap does not adjust row height

I am using Excel 2003. On other computers, when I have a cell with several
words to wide for the cell and I format the cell with wrap text, the height
of the row adjusts. It does not adjust on my computer. Is there a setting
that needs to be changed in Excel?

TIA,

Ricki

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There are issues with row height on cells that are both wrapped and merged.
As a guess that is where your problem lies.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Ricki Miles" wrote:

I am using Excel 2003. On other computers, when I have a cell with several
words to wide for the cell and I format the cell with wrap text, the height
of the row adjusts. It does not adjust on my computer. Is there a setting
that needs to be changed in Excel?

TIA,

Ricki

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There are apparently limits in Excel - 32k characters max in a field, and
apparently only 1024 display. I have found in Excel 2003 that this isn't
quite the case, though - I can see more than 1024 by adjusting the row height
manually, but lines don't wrap automatically after that point and auto row
sizing similarly stops at the same point - however wide you make the cell!
So only of limited use ... This also affects printed display.

Only choice is to insert hard line breaks after the 1024 limit to achieve
the desired display - if you can find it! ;-)