Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Freeze pane moves when saved with autofilter

I have a spreadsheet with a number of autofilters on a title bar which is
then frozen to remain at the top of the screen.

The problem is that when the file is saved which has already been filtered,
when someone else goes in and flushes the filter, the freeze pane moves to
the last record that was previously filtered meaning you cant scroll down the
page. (if that makes sense).

The only way to clear it is to remove the freeze pane and re freeze it again
int eh correct please.

Does anyone have any suggestions please.

Kind regards,
Maver1ck666
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It sounds like whoever set the freeze panes did it with the data filtered (some
rows hidden).

Instead, apply the filter (but have all rows showing), then apply the freeze
panes.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the response.

That was the first thing I tried when I got asked to fix it.

I have also tried doing the following:

1. Copying all the data into a fresh spreadsheet, reapplying the freeze pane
then the autofilters.

2. Creating a blank row underneath the titles and freezing that row but
everytime you remove the filter, the row unhides and it creates the same
problem again.

Maver1ck666 wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with a number of autofilters on a title bar which is
then frozen to remain at the top of the screen.

The problem is that when the file is saved which has already been filtered,
when someone else goes in and flushes the filter, the freeze pane moves to
the last record that was previously filtered meaning you cant scroll down the
page. (if that makes sense).

The only way to clear it is to remove the freeze pane and re freeze it again
int eh correct please.

Does anyone have any suggestions please.

Kind regards,
Maver1ck666

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You sure?

I've never seen this behavior.

The only problems I've had is when I've filtered the data (hiding rows), then
applied window|Freeze panes in the wrong location. Then showing all the data
(or filtering on a different value/field).

Maver1ck666 wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with a number of autofilters on a title bar which is
then frozen to remain at the top of the screen.

The problem is that when the file is saved which has already been filtered,
when someone else goes in and flushes the filter, the freeze pane moves to
the last record that was previously filtered meaning you cant scroll down the
page. (if that makes sense).

The only way to clear it is to remove the freeze pane and re freeze it again
int eh correct please.

Does anyone have any suggestions please.

Kind regards,
Maver1ck666

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Afraid so.

The freeze panes has been applied before the autofilters were even added so
Im positive no records were filtered/hidden.

I have even checked to make sure no rows were manually hidden as well.

Oh well, Im guessing then it is just a bug with Excel.

Thanks again for all your help.

Maver1ck666