Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default jumping around

excel 2007
How can you jump back to the same cell after jumping around?
I want to mark a cell then after scrolling around I want to return to it, I
dont want to use reference or name the cell, this is an every day process.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

My first two thoughts are to either:

{F5} Goto & just type in the cell reference

or

Create a hyperlink somewhere in the sheet that refers to the cell you wish
to "jump" to.

"raulavi" wrote:

excel 2007
How can you jump back to the same cell after jumping around?
I want to mark a cell then after scrolling around I want to return to it, I
dont want to use reference or name the cell, this is an every day process.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If the cell is active and you're scrolling around but not clicking on
any other cells, pressing one of the arrow keys will select an
adjacent cell and display it.

Mark Lincoln

On Sep 6, 2:46 pm, raulavi wrote:
excel 2007
How can you jump back to the same cell after jumping around?
I want to mark a cell then after scrolling around I want to return to it, I
dont want to use reference or name the cell, this is an every day process.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

thanks guys ,,, that helps, but I will do some monkey around before returnig
to my cell.

so, we need a way to tag the cell (hot key or mouse) ,monkey around
,hotkey(to go back to it)....people familiar with developing can see how
important is this featu be able to back track your step(no undo) , as the
undo key (the miracle feature)

"raulavi" wrote:

excel 2007
How can you jump back to the same cell after jumping around?
I want to mark a cell then after scrolling around I want to return to it, I
dont want to use reference or name the cell, this is an every day process.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe a couple of macros you could assign hotkeys to or assign to a button?

Before you start jumping run startfrom macro.

Sub startfrom()
Set currentSelection = Application.ActiveCell
currentSelection.Name = "startcell"
End Sub

Do your monkeying around then run gobackto macro

Sub gobackto()
Range("startcell").Select
End Sub

Note.........running these will clear the undo stack so make sure it is worth
it.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"raulavi" wrote:

excel 2007
How can you jump back to the same cell after jumping around?
I want to mark a cell then after scrolling around I want to return to it, I
dont want to use reference or name the cell, this is an every day process.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

So what you want is the ability to bookmark cells. Gord's suggestion
might work.

Otherwise, I'd write down the cell(s) in question and use GoTo to find
them. As an alternative, if there is an empty cell near the cell you
want to "bookmark," enter a unique string in that and use Find to go
to it. At least it gets you in the neighborhood. :)

Mark Lincoln

"raulavi" wrote:
excel 2007
How can you jump back to the same cell after jumping around?
I want to mark a cell then after scrolling around I want to return to it, I
dont want to use reference or name the cell, this is an every day process.- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you don't have a lot of cells to keep track of, you could use the
same string for each. You may need to click Find Next a few times,
but you'll eventually get to your intended destination. When you're
done wandering around the workbook, use Find/Replace to remove the
string from all the cells at once. If you use the same string in all
cases, you should easily remember it from workbook to workbook.

Mark Lincoln

"raulavi" wrote:
excel 2007
How can you jump back to the same cell after jumping around?
I want to mark a cell then after scrolling around I want to return to it, I
dont want to use reference or name the cell, this is an every day process.- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Am i missing too much?
this is my 1st macro...
knowing this ...
I got Run-time error '424'
object required

my Macro is

Sub gobackTOcell()
Range("startcell").Select
End Sub
Sub memocell()
Set currentSelection = Application.ActiveCell
Set currentSelection.Name = "startcell"
End Sub

"raulavi" wrote:

excel 2007
How can you jump back to the same cell after jumping around?
I want to mark a cell then after scrolling around I want to return to it, I
dont want to use reference or name the cell, this is an every day process.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you've changed sheets or workbooks, then that code will have trouble.

Change to the correct workbook (if you need to), then try this code:

Option Explicit
Sub gobackTOcell()
On Error Resume Next
Application.Goto "startcell"
If Err.Number < 0 Then
Beep
Err.Clear
End If
On Error GoTo 0
End Sub

raulavi wrote:

Am i missing too much?
this is my 1st macro...
knowing this ...
I got Run-time error '424'
object required

my Macro is

Sub gobackTOcell()
Range("startcell").Select
End Sub
Sub memocell()

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you don't want to name a range, Excel internally stores up to 4 previous
GoTo's.
Prior to Excel 2007, I had a toolbar button that ran the following.
Hit F5 to "GoTo" another area. Then I'd click a toolbar button to go back.

Sub GoBack1()
Application.PreviousSelections(1).Select

HTH :)
Dana DeLouis
I really hate Excel 2007.

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
If you've changed sheets or workbooks, then that code will have trouble.

Change to the correct workbook (if you need to), then try this code:

Option Explicit
Sub gobackTOcell()
On Error Resume Next
Application.Goto "startcell"