Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mark Lincoln Mark Lincoln is offline

Default jumping around

If you don't have a lot of cells to keep track of, you could use the
same string for each. You may need to click Find Next a few times,
but you'll eventually get to your intended destination. When you're
done wandering around the workbook, use Find/Replace to remove the
string from all the cells at once. If you use the same string in all
cases, you should easily remember it from workbook to workbook.

Mark Lincoln

On Sep 7, 4:00 pm, raulavi wrote:
Good suggestion and a nice work around. sometimes I can, other times I forgot
my link back tag and removed those tags after few days...when I found them.
ooopsss!

"Mark Lincoln" wrote:
So what you want is the ability to bookmark cells. Gord's suggestion
might work.

Otherwise, I'd write down the cell(s) in question and use GoTo to find
them. As an alternative, if there is an empty cell near the cell you
want to "bookmark," enter a unique string in that and use Find to go
to it. At least it gets you in the neighborhood. :)

Mark Lincoln

On Sep 6, 6:00 pm, raulavi wrote:
thanks guys ,,, that helps, but I will do some monkey around before returnig
to my cell.

so, we need a way to tag the cell (hot key or mouse) ,monkey around
,hotkey(to go back to it)....people familiar with developing can see how
important is this featu be able to back track your step(no undo) , as the
undo key (the miracle feature)

"raulavi" wrote:
excel 2007
How can you jump back to the same cell after jumping around?
I want to mark a cell then after scrolling around I want to return to it, I
dont want to use reference or name the cell, this is an every day process.- Hide quoted text -