Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Personal Macro Mystery

Hello I have a workbook - MePersonal1.xls - where I have recorded macros in
the past and I use these macros. I want to record a new macro but I do
not get the option to save it to this MePersoanl1.xls workbook. In the store
macro in - I only get the following options Personal Macro workbook - New
workbook - and This workbook this macro should be available to all open
workbooks . where and how should I save this new macro to? thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You are best off to place your macros in Personal Macro Workbook. This is a
workbook that is opened (but not visible as a regular workbook would be) by
default every time XL is opened and the macros will be available to all open
workbooks...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Wanna Learn" wrote:

Hello I have a workbook - MePersonal1.xls - where I have recorded macros in
the past and I use these macros. I want to record a new macro but I do
not get the option to save it to this MePersoanl1.xls workbook. In the store
macro in - I only get the following options Personal Macro workbook - New
workbook - and This workbook this macro should be available to all open
workbooks . where and how should I save this new macro to? thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

My choice is to record into a new workbook. (Make sure you save that workbook
when you've made changes you don't want to lose!)

Then when you're happy with the macro's behavior, you can copy the code from
that development workbook and paste it into a module in your "real" workbook.

I'd rather not take a chance that I'll screw up my good macros while playing
with one that isn't perfect.

Wanna Learn wrote:

Hello I have a workbook - MePersonal1.xls - where I have recorded macros in
the past and I use these macros. I want to record a new macro but I do
not get the option to save it to this MePersoanl1.xls workbook. In the store
macro in - I only get the following options Personal Macro workbook - New
workbook - and This workbook this macro should be available to all open
workbooks . where and how should I save this new macro to? thanks

--

Dave Peterson