Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Personal Macro Workbook

I created new macros for a worksheet and ran them. Later I came back so I
could edit them by copying part of one and placing it in another one. I
could not find my Personal Macro Workbook. It would not give me the option
to open it when I came to the window the displays the Macro names. How do I
find this workbook and the macros that I created?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The personal.xls file is usually hidden from view. It is also usually and
should be resident in the XLStartup folder usually under your Program
Directory of MSO- Excel.
If you have Excel open currently Click on the Menu, WIndow, Unhide.. if you
see Personal then click on it to unhide it. Once it is open (and you are
viewing the Spreadsheet - Do Alt-F11 which should take you to the VBE.
Good luck..
Jim May

Do a search for the file Personal.xls -- Once youAs long as you save

"Frustrated" wrote:

I created new macros for a worksheet and ran them. Later I came back so I
could edit them by copying part of one and placing it in another one. I
could not find my Personal Macro Workbook. It would not give me the option
to open it when I came to the window the displays the Macro names. How do I
find this workbook and the macros that I created?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It may also be that you put those macros into the workbook you had open at
the time and not into personal.xls. If you don't find personal.xls as Jim
May has recommended and told how to find, then look in the workbook that was
open when you created the macros - open the workbook and use [Alt]+[F11] to
get into the VB Editor and peek around to see if they are in that workbook.