Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
arewa

Default How can I get a validation to run in a macro on a shared workbook?

I have a shared workbook that runs a macro with a validation. The macro
references the cells below it, which contain the validated macro and creates
blank copies of the cells. When the workbook is unshared, the macro runs fine
and creates the new rows with the validation. When the workbook is shared,
however, the macro only creates the new rows, it does not put in the
validation.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Look in Excel's help for: Features that are unavailable in shared workbooks

You'll see this:

Unavailable featu Add or change data validation

Alternatives: Cells continue to be validated when you type new values,
but you can't change existing data validation settings.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
arewa

Default How can I get a validation to run in a macro on a shared workb

Okay. I'm not looking to change anything when it's shared. What I need to be
able to do is run the macro with the validation that was written when the
workbook is offline. The validation is already set.

arewa wrote:

I have a shared workbook that runs a macro with a validation. The macro
references the cells below it, which contain the validated macro and creates
blank copies of the cells. When the workbook is unshared, the macro runs fine
and creates the new rows with the validation. When the workbook is shared,
however, the macro only creates the new rows, it does not put in the
validation.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

I don't understand.

If you're adding new rows, aren't you adding the data|validation to those new
cells?

If you are, then adding the data|validation counts as a change.