Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tse tse is offline

Default Control of links

Hi all,
I want to know if it's possible to have a register of the cells changed by
external links.
I have a WB connected with other WB's and We need to control the changes.
Any ideas?
Thanks a lot to all,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Make a copy of the workbook with a different name.
Open the first copy with links refreshed.
Open the second copy without refreshing the links
Run a sheet-by-sheet cell-by-cell comparision.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200742

"Tse" wrote:

Hi all,
I want to know if it's possible to have a register of the cells changed by
external links.
I have a WB connected with other WB's and We need to control the changes.
Any ideas?
Thanks a lot to all,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Tse" wrote in message
Hi all,
I want to know if it's possible to have a register of the cells changed by
external links.
I have a WB connected with other WB's and We need to control the changes.
Any ideas?
Thanks a lot to all,

If all the cells which linked to external links were named
(<Insert<NameDefinetype name<OK you could then produce a list of such
cells<Insert<Name<Paste<Paste List. This is a bit clumsy and presumes
you know where all the cells are in the first place and that no more
external links are created without also naming and adding to the list.

You could also display formulas (<Tools<Options<View<Formulas) which
will then show external links instead of values. This is also clumsy but
doesn't rely on a presumption of knowing the cells containing external
links.

I'm sure (hope) there's a better way.

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway