Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to match data in worksheet same as in Print Preview?

I would be most appreciative if someone could help me here.
I am quite new to excel and I cant understand why when I have set up the
spreadsheet (Columns and Rows) and type information into the cells as I want
it to be displayed that it is different in the print preview.
Am I right to understand that print preview shows exactly how my pages will
appear when they are printed?
For example in a cell: I type a company name that is say 5 words long. 4
words fit on the first line in the cell then the last word goes to next line
(same cell).
However in print preview all 5 words are on the same line.
How can I put the data into the cells on my worksheet without constantly
checking print preview to see if it is different then adjusting the worksheet
to match? Is this possible?
If I havent made myself clear please ask me for any further information
that might help.
I have just started a new job and they really would benefit by using excel
(currently using tables in word which is very messy), so I am putting
together some worksheets at home to see if I can tidy things up a bit.
Many thanks for any help I can get.
Kind regards
Dawn

--
IT Student
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dawn, the printed version can be slightly different than the on-screen
version regarding word wrap. To be sure the company name appears on a
different line, type in a carriage return (Alt+Enter) before the company
name. James

"The Little Mermaid" wrote in
message ...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

James, you are a genius, and so quick with an answer.
Thank you ever so much for your help and for being a part of this group.
Without such selfless people as yourself I dont know where I would turn for
help when I need it.
Please accept my deepest gratitude and know that you have made my day.
I should have asked the question days ago instead of pulling my hair out by
the handful.
However, I do try and work things out first myself, and along the way I find
out other things that are beneficial but when I get really stuck I know you
are there to help.
Once again many thanks James. I hope one day I might have some snippet of
knowledge that can help others with a problem they may have.
Kind regards
Dawn

--
IT Student

[...]