Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Zone[_3_] Zone[_3_] is offline

Default How to match data in worksheet same as in Print Preview?

Dawn, the printed version can be slightly different than the on-screen
version regarding word wrap. To be sure the company name appears on a
different line, type in a carriage return (Alt+Enter) before the company
name. James

"The Little Mermaid" wrote in
message ...
I would be most appreciative if someone could help me here.
I am quite new to excel and I can't understand why when I have set up the
spreadsheet (Columns and Rows) and type information into the cells as I
want
it to be displayed that it is different in the print preview.
Am I right to understand that print preview shows exactly how my pages
will
appear when they are printed?
For example in a cell: I type a company name that is say 5 words long. 4
words fit on the first line in the cell then the last word goes to next
line
(same cell).
However in print preview all 5 words are on the same line.
How can I put the data into the cells on my worksheet without constantly
checking print preview to see if it is different then adjusting the
worksheet
to match? Is this possible?
If I haven't made myself clear please ask me for any further information
that might help.
I have just started a new job and they really would benefit by using excel
(currently using tables in word which is very messy), so I am putting
together some worksheets at home to see if I can tidy things up a bit.
Many thanks for any help I can get.
Kind regards
Dawn

--