Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Default Date Format

We recently upgraded our computers at work from Windows NT to Windows XP
Professional SP2. We kept the same version of Office (2000). For some
reason, now all of the dates in my Excel files, which were formated as
mm/dd/yy, are now formatted as mm/dd/yyyy. I know how to change the
formatting, but I don't want to have to go into every single file and do
that. Is there any better way to fix this?

Also, is there any way to make the default date format mm/dd/yy, rather than
#-Mon. When i put in "8/30", I want it to display 8/30/07, rather than
30-Aug. I appreciate any assistance.