smurphy123

Default Excel Default date for date format

Everytime I enter a date in a cell, Excel thinks it is 2001. How to I get
the default date to think it is 2005?
David McRitchie

Perhaps it is January you are looking at.
What happens if you use a cell format of
ddd mmm dd, yyyy
entered via format, cells, custom, ...

The default date format is the short date format
in your Regional Settings (if you have Windows on a PC).
Settings, control panel, Regional Options Date

Another possibility is that you used a constant digit instead
of the letter within a custom number format.
---
HTH,

"smurphy123" wrote in message ...
Everytime I enter a date in a cell, Excel thinks it is 2001. How to I get
the default date to think it is 2005?

smurphy123

Let me explain a little further. When I enter a month and day, the computer
assumes it is 2001. I am using the date format.

I want to be able to enter jan 12 and hit enter and it populates the date
with the current year. Right now I have to change each time I hit enter
..