smurphy123

Oops! Also David. I did check the regional setting and they are set for
today's date and year.

"David McRitchie" wrote:

Perhaps it is January you are looking at.
What happens if you use a cell format of
ddd mmm dd, yyyy
entered via format, cells, custom, ...

The default date format is the short date format
in your Regional Settings (if you have Windows on a PC).
Settings, control panel, Regional Options Date

Another possibility is that you used a constant digit instead
of the letter within a custom number format.
---
HTH,

"smurphy123" wrote in message ...
Everytime I enter a date in a cell, Excel thinks it is 2001. How to I get
the default date to think it is 2005?