Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Display locked or Unlocked cells

I've recently begun working with the sheet protection feature of Excel and am
naturally confused by it Unside-down logic... In trying to figure out my
problem it seems that I need a way to quick view on screen either the locked
cells or the unlocked cells --- the Special.. key on the Goto box would seem
like a great place to Select one or the other, but I see nothing there. Can
this be done with conditional formatting (a work-around I know, but)...

If so, I suspect I'd select the entire sheet (with A1 active) and enter:

=? (what's the ?)

Tks in advance..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are you using Format|Conditional Formatting for anything?

If no, then how about using it to show the locked/unlocked cells?

Select your range (ctrl-A for all the cells).
Format|Conditional formatting
formula is: =CELL("protect",A1)

(Use the activecell's address instead of A1.)

Give it a nice pattern.

--

Dave Peterson