Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Default stacked bars on 2 axes

Hi,

I want top create a graph for 2 types of utilities. Per utility, I want it
to demonstrate on the primary axis the available # of that utility, stacked
for actual and planned.
On the secondary axis, I want it to show the Power of these utilities, again
stacked in actual and planned.
So I need 4 stacked columns over 2 axis and in 2 categories over the X-axis.

Would be very helpful, thanks!

Max
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Stacked isn't a good way to show actual and planned. How do you compare them
if they aren't adjacent?

I would use a clustered chart, with two primary and two secondary series.
You have to use empty series to make them not overlap each other:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...OnTwoAxes.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

"Max" wrote in message

I want top create a graph for 2 types of utilities. Per utility, I want it
to demonstrate on the primary axis the available # of that utility,
stacked
for actual and planned.
On the secondary axis, I want it to show the Power of these utilities,
again
stacked in actual and planned.
So I need 4 stacked columns over 2 axis and in 2 categories over the
X-axis.

Would be very helpful, thanks!

Max

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Hello Jon,

thanks for your answer; I saw the site you mentioned and used it already for
other stuff, but I still want double stacked columns, because it does give a
good representation in the way of showing what nr of facilities is already
there in a specific region, and how many are yet planned to be erected. The
other stacked column wll then show, on another axis, the actual and
additional planned capacity of these production-sites.

So actually, I am still looking for the answer of this problem, although I
thought I had the answer when I used another aditional variable, as
(actual+planned), which looks like a stacked column when placed with a 100%
overlap, but then I could not NOT let the series on the different axis
overlap, which therefore does not solve the problem, unfortunately..

Regards, Max

"Max" wrote in message

I want top create a graph for 2 types of utilities. Per utility, I want it
to demonstrate on the primary axis the available # of that utility,
stacked
for actual and planned.
On the secondary axis, I want it to show the Power of these utilities,
again
stacked in actual and planned.
So I need 4 stacked columns over 2 axis and in 2 categories over the
X-axis.

Would be very helpful, thanks!

Max

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Well, I don't know what it looks like, but it sounds like you want
clustered/stacked columns:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...sterStack.html

- Jon
-------

"Max" wrote in message

I want top create a graph for 2 types of utilities. Per utility, I want
it
to demonstrate on the primary axis the available # of that utility,
stacked
for actual and planned.
On the secondary axis, I want it to show the Power of these utilities,
again
stacked in actual and planned.
So I need 4 stacked columns over 2 axis and in 2 categories over the
X-axis.

Would be very helpful, thanks!

Max

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Thanks Jon!

Stacked & clustered was whta I was looking for, then assigning them to two
axes does the job.

regrads, Max