Default How to have two axes with stack bars!!!

Hi,

Is the following possible to accomplish on the same chart.

http://www-math.mit.edu/~pavel/howtodothis.png

(What you see above is a composite fake.)

Any suggestions?

Many thank in advnace!

Aaron Fude

bj

you have two sets of data here

one way to do it

if your data is
A B C
25 3
25 2
25 1
25 3

plot Columns A and B as stacked column chart

add Columns B and C to the chart
Select each of the data sets with the column 3 data and change the axis to
secondary
change the format as you want for each of the axis and for the colors in the
second axis to match the first axis catagories.
in the legend select each of the duplcate legend entries and Clear all.
" wrote:

Hi,

Is the following possible to accomplish on the same chart.

http://www-math.mit.edu/~pavel/howtodothis.png

(What you see above is a composite fake.)

Any suggestions?

Many thank in advnace!

Aaron Fude

Thanks for the response, but we just can't figure it out! Can you show
more specifically how it is done or actually send it to us
).

Aaron Fude

Earl Kiosterud

Aaron,

Try organizing your data like this.

Allocariom Percentage
Four 25%
Three 25%
Two 25%
One 25%
Four 1
Three 1
Two 1
One 1

You'll have eight series -- I fear that's unavoidable. So there will be
eight entries in the legend. Make a stacked column chart (top center in the
column type). In step two, Source data, set "series in" to Rows. There is
a first category (data point) in each of the first four series, but no
second category. There is only a second category in each of the last four
series. Now you need to select each of the columns in the right-hand side,
right-click it - Format data series - Axis tab - Secondary axis. This is
tricky, and you may have to temporarily change data values in order to get
access to them to select them as you change others. I had to temporarily
change some to line charts. It ain't a great solution, but it's close to
your requirement.

I've attached a picture. It's only 12.5K. I may get creamed anyway.

Depending on your data (you didn't say), you may want to use a normalized
stacked column chart (top right in the column charts).
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

Is the following possible to accomplish on the same chart.

http://www-math.mit.edu/~pavel/howtodothis.png

(What you see above is a composite fake.)

Any suggestions?

Many thank in advnace!

Aaron Fude

Attached Images

Earl Kiosterud

Aaron,

I was afraid that paste of the data would get distorted. This table will
look properly aligned if your newsreader uses a fixed-width font, like
Courier, for reading.

Allocariom Percentage
Four 25%
Three 25%
Two 25%
One 25%
Four 3
One 2
Two 1
Four 4

Also, I erroneously used 1 in the percentage column (left over from messing
with the numbers), instead of 3, 2, 1, 4, so the right side column in the
picture I included in my earlier post is wrong.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com