Earl Kiosterud

Aaron,

I was afraid that paste of the data would get distorted. This table will
look properly aligned if your newsreader uses a fixed-width font, like
Courier, for reading.

Allocariom Percentage
Four 25%
Three 25%
Two 25%
One 25%
Four 3
One 2
Two 1
Four 4

Also, I erroneously used 1 in the percentage column (left over from messing
with the numbers), instead of 3, 2, 1, 4, so the right side column in the
picture I included in my earlier post is wrong.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

"Earl Kiosterud" wrote in message
Aaron,

Try organizing your data like this.

Allocariom Percentage
Four 25%
Three 25%
Two 25%
One 25%
Four 1
Three 1
Two 1
One 1

You'll have eight series -- I fear that's unavoidable. So there will be
eight entries in the legend. Make a stacked column chart (top center in
the column type). In step two, Source data, set "series in" to Rows.
There is a first category (data point) in each of the first four series,
but no second category. There is only a second category in each of the
last four series. Now you need to select each of the columns in the
right-hand side, right-click it - Format data series - Axis tab -
Secondary axis. This is tricky, and you may have to temporarily change
data values in order to get access to them to select them as you change
others. I had to temporarily change some to line charts. It ain't a
great solution, but it's close to your requirement.

I've attached a picture. It's only 12.5K. I may get creamed anyway.

Depending on your data (you didn't say), you may want to use a normalized
stacked column chart (top right in the column charts).
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

Is the following possible to accomplish on the same chart.

http://www-math.mit.edu/~pavel/howtodothis.png

(What you see above is a composite fake.)

Any suggestions?

Many thank in advnace!

Aaron Fude